Today we went to Clemyjontri Park. The history behind the park is that the land was donated to the county by an elderly woman, with the contingency that the park be built to accommodate children with all abilities. It received a lot of press when it was built, for that reason alone ... and the story hit home with me, for obvious reasons.
Here is some of what the park has to offer ...
This park is a place where children who use wheelchairs, walkers or braces, or who have sensory or developmental disabilities, can have a parallel playground experience of fun and exploration. At CLEMYJONTRI....
- Ramps connect structures
- Swings have high backs, arm rests and special safety features
- Rubber surfacing allows wheelchairs to roll easily
- Lowered monkey bars provide easy access
- Equipment is designed to be sensory rich so all children can participate with peers
- Wider openings allows easy access to play structures
Today some friends of ours joined us for Field Trip Friday ... the kids had so much fun!
Payton being the monkey that she is ...How did I not get a picture of Hannah, Alex and Jillian's sister? Oops!